Friday, August 7, 2009

Chicago YL Update


Hi guys,

Wow, I feel like I can finally slow down a bit. The last month has been extremely busy as I was preparing for camp at Timberwolf Lake in Michigan.

It was a great start to the month as I started with 10 kids signed up for camp. The week before camp, however, every one of those kids canceled and I felt a bit (more than a bit) down. It was definitely a time where I needed to get on my knees. And God answered!!

I was super blessed to have 10 kids from GAP Community Church come with me as well as Irais - a GAP Jr. High Volunteer Leader. Of the 9 kids that were not saved that went to camp, 6 came to the LORD! Praise God!

Now I am starting to contact the kids again to have a continual relationship with them. Today we'll play basketball and hang out a bit. As the Summer winds down, we'll do some paintball, basketball, video game nights, lots of food, and some on-on-ones for me to get to know them well.

I will be sending out a newsletter by mail in the next 2-3 weeks as well as a quarterly newsletter. Both the online newsletter and the snail mail newsletter are different. If you want to be included in either of those, please send me an email to pablo@nwchicagoyl.org with your email address and mailing address.

I can't wait to tell you guys all about it!

Please continue to pray for these kids as I disciple them and the kids that will be joining the Kingdom soon!

Blessings to you all!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com