Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Psalm 40:14-17



14 May all who seek to take my life
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
be turned back in disgrace.

15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!"
be appalled at their own shame.

16 But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation always say,
"The LORD be exalted!"

17 Yet I am poor and needy;
may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay.


I know the LORD is the same now and before and forever, because He CANNOT change His character. So, I wonder why the LORD allowed David's psalms over and over to show passages like this. I guess I could see the anger that David probably had. BUT, I can also see him praying these words without any anger. I can see Him praying to our Warrior God. I can see him praying to a God that has delivered him from situations like this over and over. I can see David remembering other battles that he has won because the LORD fought in front of him?

So....

What about me now? Can I pray this? I have prayed this. And I feel a little weird about that. It could be because people say over and over that holy war is not a way that the LORD works in this day. But I disagree. There is plenty of evidence that the LORD gave Christian people fighting physical wars in Sudan a miraculous intervention that won the war for them. ie. A rebel army full of only Christians prayed before they went to war and they won miraculously. Later, people that were on the opposing army recollected that battle and they remembered being really scared because they saw heavenly beings that were described as large and shinning a tremendously white and bright light. Just war? Heavenly intervention? I would say yes to at least the latter.

So....

Where is THAT warrior God in my life today? I will NOT downplay this and say something like - - our war is against the principalities of Satan's army. That is true, but just because I don't experience things in the US, it doesn't mean that the US has a lock-down on what it means to experience God. So I want to pray and say that May all who seek to take my lifebe put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. And I am not saying that out of anger, I am merely saying that out of the desire to give God the glory and yell out to my enemy and enemies, "HOW DARE YOU DEFY THE ARMY OF THE LORD!!!" I AM His chosen one (for certain things only of course) and NO ONE will go up against my King and win and defeat His purposes for my life! HOW DARE THE ENEMY PLACE PEOPLE AGAINST ME WITH LIES AND THINK THAT HE CAN WIN!! HOW DARE PEOPLE THINK THAT THEIR LIES WILL OVERTAKE THE LORD'S TRUTH!!! YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT!! OR WORSE!!!! YOU DO AND ARE TRYING TO CLAW AND SCRATCH WHATEVER SMALL DENT YOU CAN... IT MAKES ME FILLED WITH JOY TO READ THE PSALMS AND HEAR OVER AND OVER HOW THE LORD DELIVERS DAVID, AND HOW DAVID PRAYED...

LORD, YOU ARE MY ROCK AND MY DELIVERER AND YOU GO BEFORE ME AND THAT BRINGS A PEACE TO ME THAT I KNOW MY ENEMIES DO NOT HAVE. AND AS I PRAY TO YOU AND ALIGN MY HEART TO YOURS I SEE MYSELF ASKING FOR MERCY FOR MY ENEMIES... YOU ARE AMAZING...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved reading this post, pablo.
that image you put at the top is incredible!
the verses are some of my favorites.
your prayers... they are your heart, which makes me just fall more and more in love with you.

the LORD has already had vicotry, but you are still fighting this battle with such honor. i know that the LORD is still shaping you through this, and that your heart is so soft towards HIM. watching you continue to come full circle back to HIM gives me chills.
i love standing next to you and supporting you, not matter what people may say or think, because i know the man you are, i know your heart, and i am honored to walk through this with you.

i love you.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com