Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Racial Reconciliation Definition


I haven't written in a while. So here's a book that I am reading:

Being White: Finding Our Place in a Multiethnic World
By Paula Harris and Doung Schaupp

It' spretty good. I like what I have read so far. I especially like the definition that htey have of racial reconciliation because it has Christ in the center. They said that Racial Reconciliation is:

Jesus' power through the cross restoring relationships between the races - replacing relationships characterized by divisions, partiality and the unjust use of human power with a new community based on God's love, justice, healing, and shalom.

I really like that. I will try to keep up with my posts as I read more and more of this book. I actually wished that I could have written some more up here on my earlier blogs, but oh well...

Praise God for leading me to read this book and thank you Ms. Abbey Sheet for letting me borrow it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com