Monday, November 5, 2007

Isaiah 55:8-12 - My God is an Awesome God



Isaiah 55:8-9
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

This is so cool because it always reminds me that whatever I’m thinking, dreaming, planning, the LORD’s has higher purposes than I can possibly imagine and dream up. So, this part always inspires me to think and dream bigger as I seek Him for HIS plans instead of my measly human-centered plans 

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

This was the second thing that impacted me in this Isaiah chapter. I LOOOOVED the descriptive metaphor that the LORD uses because it also shows that the Bible could NOT have been inspired by people, but from God Himself! Verses 10-11 specifically show an understanding of how the cycle of rain works. First it rains, then the water touches the ground and nourishes the earth, and then that same water goes through a process where it becomes a gas and returns to the sky having done its job! I love the LORD and how His understanding really IS above ours as verse 8-9 say. In the same way that the LORD nourishes the earth with water, He nourishes our souls and spirits with His Word… either directly to us, through His written Word, or through the ministry that He has done through His people. His Word always achieves His purpose… ALWAYS!! How crazy is that! Talk about sovereignty!!

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

Verse 12 also touched me because it’s so true!! I have gone out with joy and have been led forth in peace in SO many occasions that I shouldn’t have had that peace and joy. But, when I did, I felt as if the mountains and hills before me and everything in them burst out in a song of praise along with me!! It’s so nice when I have an experience with the LORD that I later find written in His Word. It makes my relationship with Him SO much better!!

Blessed is my King, my Husband, my Protector, and Redeemer!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said you wrote about me...

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com