Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One year at Santa Barbara News-Press


Well, it's officially been 1 full year at the Santa Barbara News-Press. I started as an administrative assitant and now have my second position. I am now the Onlines Sales and Web Developement Representative for them and am enjoying my job. I am getting to establish a stronger online presence for my company and are getting the chance to work with Adobe Web Design CS3. It's awesome. The only thing that is a little weird is that I am doing both sales AND application/web development. It's hard because I am my own little team. I find the clients, make the mock-ups, make the presentation, do the paperwor, get the sales, make the actual creative, and do all the billing. That is all usually done by at least two people.

I am excited about getting married though. But then again, my current salary is still the same salary for an administrative assistant and NOT for a designer. A designer makes $10 more dollars per hor on AVERAGE! That gets me frustrated. AAAAAND, a programmer, which I have been doing, gets AT LEAST $15 per hour more! When I got a job (even though I didn't take it) at the county as a network engineer at the beginning level they offered me $20 per hour which is 133% of what I am making now! MAN!!! So, needles to say estoy tratando de moverme pa-riba! Le hable a un muchacho y parece que me en mayo voy a poder irme a ser un disenador de paginas web y de aplicaciones.

Anyways... we'll c... God's got it all in control.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com