Monday, March 26, 2007

Arizona Weekend - March 23-25


So I went to see my first Spring Training game EVER and it was so much fun!! I was right by where the players entered and exited the field and gor pictures of a few of them. It was SOOO cool!!

Well, the weekend started off to a rocky start as I was stupid enought to look her up on myspace and saw her new music web site in which I saw a picture of her and Eli and a song that she had written and dedicated to him called "For You Eli". So, I called my best friend in the whole world, Tristan, and poured my hurting heart out to him. He was such an encouragement!! He stopped me in my tracks and made me promise him to not ever look her up on myspace again; so I won't. He also spoke truth into my life and reminded me, well he actually revealed to me, that the promise of Jenny in my life was confirmed by two witnesses and that that is how God works. I didn't ever think of it that way. That is so cool!! That thet LORD would speak to me through His voice, His word, and through friends that woudl confirm things that He had been telling me. Well, that obviously made me feel better. I left work early that Friday because there was NOTHING to do and went to hang out with Anna which I told of the situation and she was also encouraging as she reminded me of my stupidity in my actions... lol... my friends are great! lol...

Well, Anna and I went to go get gas and when we returned, Emily was already there and B came soon after. We got on our way around 5:30 and had a pretty good, but slow, ride to Phoenix; we got there at 0130!!

Saturday morning we got up and Anna's parents made us breakfast and we sat around and t talked until B and I went outside to start to get our baseball on and play catch. Soon after that, all us youngsters got into Anna's jeep while the old folks went in their BW Bug. We got to the game, saw a few players, took a few pictures and left to go to church. Here is the most important part of the the weekend!!!

Well, we got there and it was a mega-church with over 4,000 attenders. We sat in the left side of the church near the front part and got ready for worship. Worship was good but too spread out. That made me feel like I couldn't get into a flow, ut I definitely flet the presence of God pretty much immediately. The sermon was really good; it was about fasting and the importance of it as a spiritual discipline. I felt conviceted, but no word from the LORD. However, I did remember how I learned that it was supposed to be a regular thing in our lives. Jesus said "when" you fast, not "if" you fast. So, the sermon ended and we were asked to stand and THAT'S when the magic happened! *big smile* I felt that the LORD started to want to speak to me because I felt HIS presence so heavy on me that I could barely stand. The first thing that happened was that I had a vision of the LORD Himself coming down and facing me. He then got closer and closer and closer until his chest began to touch my own and His heart replaced mine (I almost fell when this happened, I was overwhelmed). I just enjoyed His presence and the meaning of the vision which was that the LORD was replacing my heart with Him. So I said what was on my (HIS) heart, "LORD when am I going to stop suffering?" and HE responded by saying, "Trust Me." It seems that He always tells me just enough to grown my faith. If He would actually tell me when I would stop suffering, then I wouldn't have to depend on Him since I would have a date of deliverace and I would start looking to that day instead of concentrating on today. Then, before I even finished asking or maybe even started to ask the LORD why she is with him, He reminded me of what He had told me in that she is going through things that she needs to go through to learn to depend only in HIM. Obviously tears ran down my face as I received His words to me. Then my heart shifted to the conviction of fasting in my life. I asked the LORD "if" He wanted me to fast (haha, like He would actually say no!) and He obviously saud "yes." Then I asked Him, "How long, 3 consecutive days per month?" (Like the guy had commented earlier). And the LORD replied, "Four." *I smiled* Now, my commitment is to fast the first four days of every month. That's going to be really hard, but I want to do EXACTLY what He tells me to do. So, the next part I don't remember if it happened before the fasting thing or after, but it happened. I had a vision of Jenny sitting on a platform with dark brown pants that had a sort of pin stripe that I don't exactly remember right now and she was sitting cross-legged with her right leg on top og her left. She looked beautiful and happy. I got the feeling that I was next to her, but I didn't know that for sure since I didn't see anything. This vision made me feel really good, because I felt as if I was looking at my wife and not anything else. I know that that was a prophetic vision and I receive it in Christ.

After church we went to go eat at Anna's restaurant: Fajitas Restaurant. The food was SOOO good! Her parents paid for the bill and we loved it. We also talked about the fasting sermon and we all gave our opinions. Then, we met up with Sam, Anna's friend, and we listened and danced to some jazz/blues. We got home late and went to sleep so that we could have her mom's great coffee cake then enxt morning. sunday morning we had breakfast and talked about online dating web sites and started talking about my whole view on that too... that took a while. We left at 1 pm and I got home home at 2230 after dorpping people off at Anna's.

It was a graet weekend that I really needed. We are now Jazz fans and want to seek out more Jazz music, thanks Sam...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com