Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Uncertainty



Leadership is all about taking people through a journey of uncertainty; a journey that takes people to a place that we have not been either. We might have been to a similar place, but not with the people you are currently leading.

This uncertainty brings fear and misdirection to people since there is no tangible solution. What a leader must do is to be able to give clear decisions in the midst of this uncertainty. And these decisions must be made with limited information.

I think that this is also the way that God works. He gives us a direction and an end result, but doesn't tell us how to get there in detail, He just tells us the very next step, or sometimes not even that. Sometimes He just tells us to trust the guiding of His Spirit. With God things always seems to be uncertain. Really though, things are ALWAYS uncertain. However, things are always uncertain when our spiritual eyes and ears are closed. Hebrews 11:1, one of my all time favorite verses, says:

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Now read this verse by thinking of leadership amongst uncertainty. A leader must be SO CLOSE to the vision that God has given him/her for the ministry that they are leading that where ALL PEOPLE see uncertainty, the leader is SURE and CERTAIN. I THINK THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!! It's like the prophets in the Old Testament!! The people of Israel needed prophets that would speak the Word and direction of the LORD because the veil was not yet broken. However, we have a close and personal relationship with our LORD and we are now called His friends since we know His will and direction (John 15:15)!

I believe that Christians can be the most effective leaders in ministry and in the secular world since people see uncertainty with the eyes of the world, but Christian leaders should see nothing but certainty since we are His friends and He tells us that we must have faith (Hebrews 11:1).

Uncertainty brings fear, but the LORD commanded us to NOT be afraid because He is in control and if we recognize his LORDSHIP over everything and realize that He desires to tell us His plans, then uncertainty and fear will not ever be in our lives again!!

HAHAHAHA

I love the LORD and the fact that I am His friend and He speaks to me and I can be certain of things where others can't. I don't rely on people but in Him. I have been very hard-headed before and have taken what He told me as truth that cannot be changed, so when HE changed it, I wasn't listening, but I WILL NEVER let what anyone says go against what I KNOW the LORD has told me. I will listen and weigh and analyze and most of all CHECK WITH THE LORD to see if what a person says to me goes against what I know the LORD has told me, but I thrive when I live in the complete usage of the gift of faith that the Spirit has given me. I will NOT be uncertain and I will NOT be called HIS servant only, but HIS friend!!

It is so easy to live in the comfortable and not live in the uncertainty, but I love being there since I can only look to Christ and not ever rely on me. So when I write my passion about a multi-x church... I AM LIVING IN HIM!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com