Friday, March 21, 2008

Ezekiel 40-42: Building A Ministry According to Jesus' Plans


So I was reading these chapters in Ezekiel and I was bored. This passage talks about how a "bronze" man took Ezekiel to where the Temple was supposed to be rebuilt and it was describing the specific details of how all the rooms and walls were supposed to be; i.e. all the measurements. And those were in cubits nonetheless, which made me have to try harder to understand how truly big the place was.

I was trying to search and seek the LORD out in what He wanted me to learn in this part of His word, but I couldn't get anything! It was SO frustrating. I kept asking the LORD but there was no answer. I enjoyed understanding the experience that Ezekiel must have had with the "bronze" man since that bronze man could have actually been Jesus.... and I think it was. And that made me want to seek out the LORD that much more since I am always seeking to get closer and closer to Him and to experience Him in all the ways that people in the Bible have experienced Him. But I was still perplexed as to what His specific revelation was to me... I didn't just want His general revelation of how the temple was built. Then, after reading these chapters in a two day span, I got it.


I got a very quick and passing thought in my head about how Dennis Leon from Pura Vida Church, the pastor that is going to be marrying us, asked Anna and I to write down our dream ministry. At that specific moment, it hit me. The LORD has VERY specific plans as to how His ministry is supposed to be run and built up. It is not our ministry. It is not our dream. It's the LORD that puts the desire to dream His dream according to His heart. The LORD delighted in David's heart not because David had nice thoughts or emotions, but because David's heart sought fervently after the LORD's heart. In the same way, Anna and I, as well as all Christian, must die to ourselves like Galatians 2:20 says, and try to find out God's plan and desire and dream for us instead of wondering how the ministry that LORD is preparing for us looks like. I also think that the LORD has been revealing this plan to both of us separately and for this plan to come together Anna and I must become one in marriage. Otherwise, I believe that only one of us being in ministry is futile.

Anyways, I am WAY excited about starting to dream with her again. We both believe that this year is going to be an amazing year where the LORD will be finishing the preparations for how our life and our ministry is going to be for the next few years. I am WAY excited!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com