Thursday, January 1, 2009

First of the Year - 2009


The first of the year… I’m sitting here in bed and I’m writing this post on my laptop which means that I won’t be able to save this post to my blog until I get back home. Bummer… but I get to write.

I’m not feeling 100% right now; partly because I ate too much last night :) and partly because I’m probably starting to get sick. Anna is also here next to me and she has a sore throat so that means that I’m probably getting sick from her. Oh well, I just hope that we’re better in 10 days so that it won’t affect our trip back to the US.

We had such a great time yesterday. We ate dinner at 10:30 and got HECKA loud at midnight when we got to 2009. We drank Cidra and hugged and kissed everyone wishing them a great new year. Then came the super fun part! I had spent a fair amount of money buying fireworks earlier in the day and we went outside to light them! It was great to see Anna be the first one to go get our fireworks and yell “VAMOS!” at me from the other end of the house. We went outside and had a blast lighting all the fireworks! You’ll see a video of it soon :)

We then went back inside and stayed up until about 2 or 2:30 eating more food, laughing with the family, and playing cards. By the way, Anna is kicking my butt in Speed 11-7. We’re going with a lifetime score keeping until someone is 15 games ahead… I hope we never reach that or if we do, I hope that I win, haha!

I gotta get up now but I really do want to thank God for this new year and for the opportunity that he gave me to see the rest of my family here in Argentina that I never get to see. I haven’t seen my family for over 8 years!! It’s such a blessing, thank you LORD. And thank you LORD for my wife and for our first holidays together as a married couple. It’s been great and I cannot wait to see how this next year shapes up and what You have in store for us. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com