Saturday, December 27, 2008

Argentina Trip Day 1 - 3


Daaaaaaang! I´m in ma home country!! I still can´t believe it!! It´s pretty hot but not unbearable and suffocating like my mom and siter had said. Today is hotter than the first 2.

We got to the airport just fine and everything went SO smoothely! Praise God for that. Even our customs line in Arg was really short. My dad took over 3 hours to do what we did in just over 20 minutes, haha. We ate and ate and ate that day with Argentinean bbq called asado, sandwiches de miga, and our famous mate. I´m loving life!...... minus my allergies that sprout up when it´s really humid. I really feel that the LORD was taking care of me when He took me out of Arg. I would have lived with allergies and allergy medicine if I would have stayed here... Well, until a cure or something that would lessen it would be found.

Anyways, we went to sleep at 1am or so here. We felt pretty tired, but I just couldn´t go t osleep out of my excitement for being here. Anna was clearly not as excited (hahaha) cause she was sleepy and took 3 naps :)

Yesterday we woke up early and were still tired. We woke up at 10 am which would be 4am in Cali time. We were pretty jacked up with our body time. Today, the third day, we woke up at noon and feel a lot better. But yesterday we ended up getting some good breakfast and then heading up to see part of our family from my mom´s side and I seriously had the best asado that I have ever had!

I´m all over the place, but now that I mentioned who we saw I want to mention that my uncle Pocho (Oscar) and my two cousins came. I hadn´t seen my cousins in 8 and a hlaf years!! That´s FOREVER in Hispanic time for seeing family!!! And the first night (the 25th) my two best friends here in Arg came and kicked it with us! It was like I never left. We were joking around and dreaming of what would have been... at the same time realizing that we have very different lives... Yesterday I saw my mom´s aunt and her 2 cousins with their husbands and kids. It was great!!

I gotta go now, because we´re leaving to Jujuy in 3 hours so we gotta pack, but I´ll give an update in a few days again. I have SO many videos and pictures already and we just started!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com