Friday, July 11, 2008

I Love Jesus! - - - UNITY - - - Matthew 18:19-20


Man! I am SO in love with Jesus and the things that He said!! I recently finished the OT and started again in Matthew 1 and I LOVE IT!! There is SO much Wisdom the is SO much love!

I was reading Matthew 18 and I came across this famous passage:

19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."


I have usually heard verse 20 quoted and explained this way: If 2 or 3 come together in the name of Jesus or to worship Jesus or to pray, that Jesus is there. However, I think that verse 19 comes into context here and maybe turns the understanding that I have had about this verse around a little.

Coming together in His names as verse 20 states ALSO, I think, means coming together in His name and being one as He (Jesus) and the Father are one as Jesus' prayer states in John 17. I think that 2 or 3 Christians come come together and Jesus will be there, but His authority and power and full presence will not necessarily be there unless those that have come together are truly acting as the body of Christ in one spirit; with that same purpose.

Again, verse 19 says that when His Children come together and AGREE about anything The Father will grant it AND (verse 20) the Son will be there also.

WOW! WHAT POWER!!

No wonder Satan wants to divide the church! And he, I believe, has done a pretty good job when it comes to "denominations" that cannot come together in unity. If we were united... just a few of us... then, "it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."

ANYTHING!

The desire of Jesus was indeed that His disciples... US AS WELL... would come together in the way that the Father and Him are one; and that is that the Father and the Son haver perfectly harmonious wills even though they are 2 different beings. Of course that the Holy Spirit comes along as the 3rd separate being and He makes a perfect trinity in which all 3 beings have perfectly harmonious wills :)

ONE...


Coming together in the name of Jesus, to me---from these verses, means to come together with perfectly harmonious wills so that when we ask for something the Father grants it.

Also, when we ask for something we obviously should want to be asking for the best thing for us, which is the Father's will. It's so perfect! And it works within perfect reason. It's kind of a cycle. it's kind of a programmer's dream :) We could even put it into a programming language... but I won't :)

Ask and it shall be given to you. You the person, you the church, you the united church of God. So what do we have to do? Find out what the LORD wants us to do or ask for so that we can ask for something with COMPLETE confidence that it's going to be given to us. For example, when we pray for healing, don't pray without authority because we are not sure that the LORD will do it. Pray like it's done, because in God's "timing" and in His presence, IT IS! I mean, God is on the past, present, and future at the same time, so when we ask in the present, He sees it done in the future already :) Think about that for a second.

Well, I could go onto some more tangents, but I won't.

God Bless...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com