Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Got Laid Off of the Santa Barbara News-Press Today


Well, I didn't see this one coming. I mean, I know this is advertising and the economy was NOT, I repeat NOT, favorable at all for advertising, but I thought my job was secure since I was the only one that was actually selling one of the only innovative things that the News-Press had: Online.

I really did think that my job was really secure since no one knows how to do my job in that building. There are people like Christian Montecino that know how to do the programming, and others like my immediate boss Bruce Schumikowski that knows how to sell, but no one knows how to do both. There are also a lot of passwords and software that I was the only one that knew of them and how to use them and where to go to use them. Anyways, that's all water under the bridge now.

Going forward I'm going to have to update my resume, which I have updated recently so it shouldn't be much work. My resume is here: www.stepstonedesigns.com/pablo-otaola-resume.pdf.

There are a couple of opportunities out there that Anna and I are praying about. I guess "opportunities" is not exactly the right word though since something that is not of God is not "opportune." Anyways, some theology for ya ;)

I gotta go be with my wife. We gonna watch a funny movie and have dinner... oh yeah and PRAY PRAY PRAY!! I'm sure you guessed that my 'oh yeah' was not because I forgot :)

It'll be exciting to see what God has for us in the next few months. I'll be blogging a lot about it. If you want to stay posted, just subscribe to my blog by hitting the subscribe button on the upper right hand corner.

Peace Out
-P

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todo loque creemos es seguro, de todas maneras esta en manos de Dios!! Y, Pablo se va a cumplir la voluntad perfecta de Dios en vuestras vidas! Va a ser tan emocionante ver lo que Dios va a hacer en el proximo tiempo!! No apresurarse y, si esperar en El,...claro prestando mucha atencion, y con mucha rodilla!! Dios te bendiga hijo!! Salmo 37...los primeros versiculos. Tu mama.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

Pablo Emmanuel Otaola. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com